Off the Work bench!
This week was all about assembling the various bits and pieces to complete the diorama. All in all it went together pretty well after some careful thought as to what should be placed into position first. It wouldn’t have been the first time I’ve boxed myself into a corner but on this occasion I managed to avoid any such dilemmas.
Not a great deal to add in terms of narrative as I think I covered most aspects of the build in previous “On The Work Bench” posts. Will be interesting to see what, if any, feedback I receive when it receives its first public outing. If nothing else my mum likes it and thats good enough for me!
The aim of the diorama, as mentioned in the first post of this sequence, was to depict a small group of British soldiers making their way through the French/Belgium farming countryside. Hopefully I managed to convey that.
Now on to the next project(s). Still have a few WW1 items to do to complete the series but think I need a change of period in the coming weeks too so still deciding what next is on the agenda.
Pictures of the completed diorama below.